The following list gives a few things that you should know before you start looking for a new home.
- Property taxes and qualified home interest are deductible on an Individual’s federal income tax return.
- Real estate is still considered one of the safest investments.
- A homeowner can exclude up to $500,000 of capital gain if married filing jointly. The home must have been the taxpayer’s principle residence for the previous two years.
- A portion of each amortized mortgage payment pays the principle, which increases equity in the home.
- A Buyer Specialist can show clients homes listed with any real estate company, any builder, or homes for sale by owner (it is especially important to have a Buyer Specialist looking out for your best interest in this scenario).
- The right to conduct a property inspection, included as one of the conditions in your purchase agreement, gives you the ability to negotiate with the seller once you know the facts about the condition of the property.
- A home protection plan can provide coverage for selected items, such as central heat/air, interior plumbing, built-in appliances, water heaters, etc. If the seller does not agree to provide this coverage, clients have the option to purchase it themselves.
- Working with a Buyer Specialist who has team support ensures the transaction will be handled smoothly.
Contact us about purchasing a property